Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Randi is also having a giveaway. So if you are feeling lucky head over to her blog to read how to enter).
Do I really need anymore Nicey jane.....
Sunday, March 28, 2010
My son was reassured that the Easter Bunny knew where he was and that he knew he liked Mini Coooper cars (as well as chocolate eggs).
One day we went for day trip up river basically to play in the water. We (yep child and adults) had a great time skimming and throwing stones once the bull had departed. He just wandered off across the bridge. It was quite amusing to watch this huge beast walk across the bridge with no sides. Obviously he knew where he was going and lucky no cars or cattle trucks came barelling along.
Now for those who would like some photography tips the lovely Konda from Moose on the Porch Quilts has posted a very informative post called 'Taking and Posting Photos 101'. This has been great for me but probably because I am such a novice.
The weather is definitely turning cooler which is nice but the coming home from work in the dark is not.
Please do yourself a favour and check out all the other great finishes over at Amy's.
I hope you all have a super dooper weekend.
Friday, March 26, 2010
The rules for this award are:
1. Place the logo within your blog or post.
2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within the post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.
Catherine from The Sewing Attic has nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger award. Thank you Catherine. I have only been blogging for such a short time so this is a lovely surprise. The rules of accepting this award are:
1.Thank the person who gave you this award.
2.Share 7 things about yourself.
3.Pass the award on to 5 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are fantastic!
4.Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
Ok now on to some things about me. Hopefully I can come up with 7 semi-interesting things about me. These are going to be in no particular order or importance.
1. I love, love, love to make things. My favourite being quilty things and making them for my family.
2. I have really enjoyed lately knitting up simple (and I mean super simple) items for a charity.
3. I really want to make more things for charity groups especially for the NSW Quilters Guild who make quilts for foster kids. Letters from recipients express how great it is to have something that is solely theirs.
4. I have way too many things I want to make but in reality may never get to do.
5. I don't think I will ever be able to stop buying fabric. There is just way too many divine fabrics available. Favourite at the moment is Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey.
6. I still find it hard to believe that I am married and have a son. I am sooo lucky to have such gorgeous and wonderful men in my life.
7. I am turning 40 this year but still feel like I am in my twenties. Most days anyway.
I am going to nominate my buddy Sue's blog. She is also new to blogging and makes wonderful things. Please check out her blog Mother Patchwork and give her some comment love.
( I know I am supposed to nominate more and ideally I would love to nominate all the blogs that I follow as I find so much inspiration from these but that just isn't practical)
I got my second block done for the Jelly Roll Sampler being run by Moose on the Porch Quilts. At this stage I am not really happy with my fabric choices but I am not making another one. Plus once its in the quilt surrounded by the other blocks and sashing it may well then be my favourite block.
Friday, March 12, 2010
I finally finished my quilt top for the 'On the Road to Spring' quilt along hosted by Randi. Its a whopper. Its 102 by 93 inches. Just the way I like them. It will fit my queen bed beautifully. I don't mind saying though the last half seemed to take FOREVER. I have got my backing worked out. Just need to piece it together. I am so very happy I didn't go with the white squares between the prints. I love the linen fabric I used instead. I was inspired by a post by the very talented Rita of Red Pepper Quilts. At this stage I have no idea how I will get it quilted. Maybe an allover design seeing as its pretty busy.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
First up is a peak at my rows coming together for the quilt-along I am participating in. I am about half-way there.
But my most significant and exciting finish for a while is my Christmas quilt. In 2008 I enrolled in the Fat Quarter Shop's 'Designer Mystery Block of the Month'. I really wasn't sure what to expect but am so glad that I signed up. What a fantastic BOM they put together. I managed to make my block each month. The instructions (cutting and piecing) were excellent. The batting I used was bamboo. I had never used this before but had the right sized piece in my stash courtesy of a magazine subscription. Well it has quilted up beautifully. I had it quilted by my local long arm quilter. Because the quilt is so busy we decided an all-over pattern was needed. I can't say enough just how much I love this quilt. Yeah and all the fabrics are from Moda's 'Peace on Earth' range.
I have had all sorts of bother trying to get a photo that I am happy with. It seems that the days I am at home it rains and the days I am at work it is sunny. This is so frustrating for taking photos. Its a pretty photo heavy post but hopefully its some nice eye candy for you.